Forbidden Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am neither good, nor bad, neither angel nor devil, I am a man, I am a vampire. -Michael Romkey (I, Vampire)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coming Home

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
Admin
Rose

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 3:15 pm

( I know its really long lol )
A small gust of sharp wind blew the familiar woody smell straight to Nick. It was almost like his home was welcoming him back, and he wasn't even in the Rez yet. The light trilling of the sparrows reminded the werewolf how hard it was to believe that such a place, as his home, could reside in such a cold and wt place. If you just closed your eyes, blocking out all external feeling, only focusing on the sounds and scents, you could almost imagine the area bathed in a warm, yellow glow of sun.
The delights of being back to the place where he'd experienced such pleasant moments almost covered Nick's worries. But of course they didn't. His arm, circled protectively around Abigail, was stiff with suppressed anxiety; he didn't want to freak his companion out. Knowing that this would be a hard time for her as well, Nick tried to put up a strong front.
The walk to the entrance of the Reservation was a relatively short one, but to the two figures who slowly approached, it felt like a mile. Vaguely noticing that the first snow of December was falling, Nick crossed onto the hard packed dirt that was drastically different than the wild grasses that surrounded the inhabited area.
The scenes that met him were ones that he knew well. Small, tanned children spilled out of the sturdy yet limited school house. Their light laughter brought back images of a time years ago. Times of jokes, dares, fights and friendships. Nick had been six-years-old when he had first started at the little school; most children on the Rez started around that time anyway.
At the school, you were taught math, English, and some Science. Instead of learning about American or World History, all the Elders touched on was the history and legends of their specific tribe. This was how Nick had first become acquainted with the notion that he was descended from wolves.
Turning his head to look at another part of the Reservation, he admired the intricate carvings of the old totem pole that stood stoically in the center of the small village. In the early days, elders and Rez dwellers alike would come here to celebrate different festivals during the years. But as the years passed and the modernity of the outside world seeped in, the celebratory fires lost their glow and the magic that surround this statue of spirit lost its appeal. Only the really old Elders still came and bowed down near its base.
A small gasp prodded Nick out of his day dreams of Native American lore. A small girl of maybe eight stood about 12 feet away. In her arms were a few, small, thin logs of firewood. Usually the boys carried the wood to bring heat to the home, but since males attended school earlier than females their sisters were left to do the boy's work. However, this particular girl was no longer focused on the job set before her, but instead on the pale, beautiful vampire girl that was half hidden behind one of her own.
Not noticing the little girls intentions quick enough, Nick could only watch as she ran away in fright, dropping her lode of wood and letting out a high pitched squeal, to the safety of her mothers arms. ' So much for a sneaky approach,' he thought to himself. The girls scream had attracted the attention that he had so much wanted to keep off him and his love. Heads were already peaking out of doors, and some of the straggling boys turned around to see where the commotion had come from.
Knowing that the longer her stayed out in the open the worse things would get, Nick quickly made his way across the flat clearing, Abigail still securely by his side, to the big formation of wood that was the Elders main keep.
Remembering the last time he had ventured into the most sacred dwelling his people had, Nick hesitated only a moment at the entrance. This was the place they brought you too when you phased for the first time. This was the place where the mythical stories of old became as real as the proud eagle that soared through the air. He was committing a great offense by bringing his peoples most feared enemy in to the heart of his tribe. And yet, what Nick wanted was worth much more than any silly feud between two races of ancient creatures. The privilege to live with the love of his life in a home that he had treasured since the moment he had been born into it was so much greater than that.
Pushing open the wooden door with a strong determination, he pulled a most reluctant Abigail into the warm confines of the small house. The door closed with a snap behind the couple, blocking out the icy cold and the frantic whispers. Flicking his eyes from side to side, Nick took in his new surroundings. The room consisted of a small fireplace in one corner, rows and rows of bookshelves with dusty volumes galore, and one large wooden table. At this particular moment, the room was occupied by a dozen or so Elders who sat in high backed chairs around the huge table. It was obvious that a meeting had been in progress; small pieces of paper were splayed across the wooden surface of the table. But the entrance of Nick and his vampire companion had silence all speaking and even movement. Standing straight and determined, Nick waited, his hand locked stubbornly onto Ab's, for someone to speak.
" Good Spirit, Nick, what have you done," A elder by the name of Ituha, stood up abruptly, shaking slightly. This was the oldest and most revered of the elders, and had been a good friend to Nick in his early years; almost like a father. His words were like a warm heat that melted all the other frozen elders. They all started speaking at once, their voices melding into a loud, angry annoyance. Through it all Ituha's wizened voice came through, silencing his fellows.
" My friends, let us first let our young friend explain himself, before we shower him useless words."
Nick nodded in appreciation, before stepping farther into the house, nearer to the elder's table.
" As all of you know, I left this tribe a few days ago, giving up my spot as a protector of it. However, not all of you know why. The day that Maria Black, Grant Cambell, and myself left for another patrol around our territory, I was as much a vampire hater as the rest of you. I had been brought up to see them only as a creator of death and sadness. But that day, one girl changed my way of thinking, one vampire to be correct. I've given up everything, my friends, my home, anything that was ever familiar to me to be with her. You all know as well as I now do how strong imprint is." Nick stated. A few hushed gasps of surprise was the only reaction that his news had brought from this group of old men.
" And now I come to you all to beg. I wish to share with my love the joy that this place brought me from early child hood. She has no home to speak of, so I wish to share mine with her. I swear to you all that she is nothing like what you all expect a vampire to be. She's kind, selfless, perfect, smart, and funny. Her name is Abigail and I plan to make her my wife someday," Nick finished, bringing to topic of his speech slightly forward, but still in the protection of his strong arms.
Immediately following his speech, Nick watched as every head turned to Ituha. Of course he would be the one to decide. So, watching with wary eyes, Nick listened with bated breath for the leaders verdict.
" You pose a question that can not be answered all at once, my young friend," The elder said, worry in his old eyes. " I suggest you take....your friend back to your house, and we will let you know when we have reached a decision."
Nodding in agreement, Nick turned back around and headed out the door. Standing in the cool air, he felt light as a feather. There was nothing left to do now. They would either say yes or no.
" Well that wasn't that bad was it."
Back to top Go down
https://coldbloods.rpg-board.net
Casey

Casey

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:53 pm

(Aw. My post looks short next to yours.)
Abigail's mind whirled with doubt, insecurity, hope, any possible emotion that she could ever feel. As she entered the reservation of these old enemies of hers, it felt like every single wall or fortress, security that she had was falling. Here she was, walking into the territory of her nemesis, giving up her guard. It was almost like she was surrendering, except that she was asking for a home. Her small pale hand clutched at Nick's large one, fingers laced with his. The tension in her love was apparent, but Abby knew she was probably just as calm as he was.
The snow falling brought back painful, bittersweet memories of her old family, her human one. Playing in the lovely, white substance with her parents, on the days they weren't fighting, their happy smiles lighting up her world. She missed those days, and the horrible thing was that it was taken without a choice. And even her creator, the one that had taken that choice, was considered some sort of family, a broken and small one, but a family. Now, she was finding a new one. One that would involve Nick, and his family. The best possible thing would be that she was adopted in without any problems, questions, or worries, but the odds of that happening were worse than a werewolf imprinting on a vampire. The two of them would need some major luck to pull this through, and then even more to make it work.
Abigail looked every where Nick did, but she didn't see the same flashbacks. The shcool brought a jolt of homesickness again, aching desire for her old best friends. What had ever happened to them? They were probably already married, atleast with a kid. Abby could never have the second thing, but she'd get the first very soon if today went well. Suddenly the gasp of a small girl, louder then all the other noise to Abigail's ears, made her want to run. Run and never look back, dragging Nick with her. Her hands itched to cover her face from shame, the horror of walking through this area, being a vampire. Abby smelled the putrid scent of a werewolf, overpowering, even after she had gotten use to Nick. Her nose wrinkled ever so slightly, before he continued dragging her forward.
All too soon they were in what Abigail figured was the place where the natives met. Voices ran together, all shock or dissaproval. Looking to Nick, she saw that was really only looking at one elder though, and then the explanation came. And then that same elder dismissed them so efortlessly, with the promise that their decision would come soon. She felt Nick begin to tug her outside, but Abby wouldn't budge. She slowly shrugged his arm off of her, and stood up straighter, openind her mouth of sharp teeth to speak.
"I know it is not my place to speak to you. But since your decision will involve me, I'm going to anyway." She blocked out the sound of several gasps, and kept going, "In case you can't tell, yes, I am a vampire. I'm also a vegeterian, which means I don't murder people to get the blood I need. That's thanks to Nick. My life also now has a purpose, because of him. As I'm sure you've been taught, the transformation of a vampire is like fire, very painful. Everyone seems to forget the other consequences. My family was not perfect, but I had to give them up. Not a day goes by where I don't miss them. So, not as your enemy, a bloodsucking leech, but as a simple girl who has no home or family, I ask to let me into yours. And Nick back into his." She nodded, and then now turned towards Nick.
"No, it wasn't. It could have been worse." She said, curling into his chest, his arms wrapping around her.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:39 pm

(I'm just gonna post as Maria, just in case Jen wants to post as Grant, but if she can't then I'll edit with Grant's post. xP)

That day seemed to go by perfectly. Just a routine patrol with Grant. No sign of the leech anywhere. Of course not all they did was work, but who cares about details? All in all, the day had been perfect. Alone with Grant for a few hours always put Maria in a good mood, and by the time she made her way back, her lips were turned upright in a happy smile. There was nothing that could possibly ruin her good mood, nor anyone who would dare to do such a thing. That is, of course, if one of those so called leeches were to waltz right into the heart of the tribe. Yeah, that could be a problem. Good thing nothing like that has ever happened before. Besides, what vampire would be stupid enough to do such a thing? Surround itself with werewolves? It'd be suicidal. Giving a soft audible laugh, Maria simply laughed the thought off. She couldn't even imagine that happening, it was simply so far fetched. Letting one of her hands drop, she didn't exactly mean for it to hit Grant's on its way down. But she simply grasped it within her own and continued walking as if nothing had happened.

Some commotion up ahead made the smile on Maria's face dissapear, and was replaced by her usual almost bored look. People were gathered around the old totem pole that had been there for as long as Maria could remember. They used to have festivals around it sometimes, but now it was only the elders who celebrated anything anymore. Maria once had tried to get into the spirit of whatever made them so excited, but she didn't pay much attention. But that one fact made her wonder what was happening. Was there something going on today? A meeting or something? She hadn't heard of anything, that's for sure. "Do you know what's going on?" she asked Grant, moving her green gaze to fixate on his face for a moment, before returning to the group in front of her. It wasn't a large group, but it was enough to be considered strange. Did she miss something? There were hushed whispers going on throughout the small crowd, friends grouped together and looked with shock at whatever they were all looking at. Near the back of the group was a mother and a very young child with tears in the girl's eyes. Quickening her pace, Maria let go of her hold on Grant's hand to catch up with the two. She crouched in front of the young girl who was helplessly wiping away tears from her eyes. Was she scared of something? Maybe she'd just fallen? Maria remembered this girl's name; Allie. Maria had been close to her some time ago, yet the girl had grown distant over time. She was such a cute little girl, and to see her in tears like this wasn't something Maria wanted to see. "Hey, what's wrong?" she asked in a gentle voice. "Did you fall down?" There weren't any scrapes on her knee, so she doubted that really happened. Allie brushed away a few pitiful tears from her pretty brown eyes and looked up at Maria. "There's a vampire over there," she blubbered, her voice strained.

Maria froze, her eyes widened. The little girl pointed one of her small fingers toward where the group of people were looking. There was no way. Standing up abruptly, Maria walked quickly, approaching the group. Surely there wasn't really a vampire; here of all places? Pushing past a few people to get a better look, she saw that Allie had been correct. There, coming out of the elder's meeting room, was Nick and his bloodsucker, happily wrapped in each others arms as if they were the only creatures in the entire world. At the sight of him, Maria's happy mood instantly dissolved, only to be replaced with sadness. That same sadness that had surrounded her that night when Nick had come to get his things to go live with his leech. That same sadness that had reduced Maria into a blubbering fool who looked like a crazy person in front of Grant. She was still embarrassed about that night. But right now there was no room for embarrassment. Only for saddness. And just like that, the depression she'd felt dispersed and anger boiled inside her. How dare he bring her here? Was it not enough to leave their pack? Did he want back in? Why was she here? How could he bring her here? Gripping her hands into tight fists, Maria said nothing. Her entire being shook. It was taking all she had to not attack right now. Her green eyes were fixated on the vampire Nick was holding so easily in his arms. Even at this distance she could smell the revolting scent of the leech. It was disgusting. Everything about the picture before her was absolutely nasty. She didn't want to believe that this was happening. With a fire burning inside her, Maria hardly even noticed the snow falling around her. She was practically a walking furnace anyway, the cold flakes had no chance against her hot skin. They melted before they even touched her.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:11 pm

(good post every1!! O.O don't know if I'll be abel to do a mucho grande sized post too but I'll try once I get my hw done.. it's not much but I have to get it done before I can even think of typing out a full post... and me and Case have to go to dance practice tonight so it may be like half done.. sorreh -.- lol.... but i will finish it ^^)
Back to top Go down
http://www.idk.com/idk
Casey

Casey

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:30 pm

(Hey twi, jen texted me and said she can't post and that you can go ahead and post as Grant)
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:12 pm

(I really didn't want to post with Grant since Jen is awesome with him, but I guess I will anyway xD)

Well, Maria seemed to be in a good mood. That much was apparent, with a smile that he hadn't seen there before planted on her lips. The sight of her smiling made him happy; she'd been so hurt about the whole Nick thing that he almost expected her to never smile again. He was sharing her happiness aswell, with the day they'd just had. Patroling the borders, no signs of the leeches, and just the two of them alone. It had been nice; and he hadn't had a remembrance of Nick the entire time. Which was good, considering every time he thought about his exbeta his mood deteriorated. Seems like it was the same for Maria. She was more outward with her feelings, whereas Grant himself liked to keep them inside. A touch made his mind come out of it's shell, and he looked down instinctively to see what had touched him, only to find Maria's hand entwined with his own. He shrugged it off; he didn't mind. They were imprinted with each other anyway, there was no use for hiding his feelings for her anymore. They were past the awkward first date stage; they were much more comfortable with each other now. At least Grant was. At first he'd been shy, but ever since their first kiss it didn't matter anymore. They loved each other. And today had been great. It seemed like today was going to be an awesome day. There was nothing to worry about, nothing important coming up, and Maria was beside him. Sure his pack was tiny now, with only the two of them in it, but that didn't matter anymore. They'd made due with what they had. Though, it seemed, the day had other things planned against the two. They could never have just a single normal, happy day. No, for what waited for them at home was something that would change them.

"Do you know what's going on?" Maria asked, echoing his own confusion. There was a crowd up ahead, around the old totem pole that was never really used anymore. Grant himself was probably the only one of his age in the tribe who actually ever aknowledged it's presence, though he didn't celebrate like the elders did ever once in a while. But seeing a crowd like this was strange. Was there some kind of meeting going on that he wasn't informed of? In answer, feeling Maria's green eyes on him, he simply shook his head and stared forward at the group. Almost immediately, Maria let go of his hand and quickened her pace to a small girl who had tears in her eyes. She was accompanied by her mother, the two of them holding hands, and apparently going back to their cabin. The mother's face looked shocked, and even a little afraid, while the poor girl was scared out of her wits. Approaching at a slower pace, Grant kept up with the conversation that went on between the little girl and Maria, while he kept his eyes on the crowd, trying to find an opening to see what they all were looking at. So far, he had no such luck. The word "vampire" escaped from the small girl's lips, and Grant immediately shifted his gaze to her and Maria, crouched in front of the small child. Shock was written all over Maria's widened eyes, and she followed the child's pointed finger to the crowd. Breaking into a sprint, Grant wasted no time in crossing the ground to the crowd. Preparing to transform, he pushed past people in the crowd, practically shoving them aside. He had to protect these people; he couldn't let them get hurt. When he broke through to open ground, he was a heartbeat away from transforming... Until he saw Nick's face. At the sight of his lost best friend, Grant practically melted, shock roiling throughout his body at the sight of what was in his arms. The shock was soon replaced with anger, but he controlled it enough to speak. He wanted an explanation, and he wanted it now. "Nick," he shouted in his "alpha" voice. "What is she doing here?" he asked, his hands clenched into fists. Putting emphasis on the word "she," (He had to try hard to not call her an "it), he motioned at the thing in his arms angrily. "How could you bring her here? In front of all these people?" Motioning around him this time at the crowd behind him, he looked directly in Nick's eyes. What the hell was he thinking?
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:57 pm

Smelling the sweet scent that was Abigail, Nick almost didn't notice the addition to the group that stood some way away. His arms tightened immediately around his precious bundle that he couldn't imagine living without. There was no doubt who it was. Nick would recognize his two closest friends any where. Was he glad to see them? Hell yeah! Was he ecstatic about the horrible timing, and dreading the confrontation that would obviously have to ensue. No to the first and another hell yeah to the second.
Nick knew as well as Grant did that it was only protocol and fear for his people that brought the alpha wolf forward. The anger was plain on his face, and his friend didn't need the ability to read his mind to know exactly what he was thinking.
" I know you. If I ask you to go to my house and stay there until I come back I know you'd be your stubborn self. So, just please stay here and run if things get bad," Nick said sadly, his eyes turned now on his girl. This could easily turn into a fight, and, no matter what she would say, he knew that there was a possibility that Ab could get hurt. And he'd do anything to protect, even if that meant hurting his oldest friend, hard as that would be for him.
Not waiting for the argument he knew would still happen, Nick walked up to meet Grant in the middle of the Rez. Somewhere deep in his messed up mind, he dragged up a picture of two western guys about to draw their guns out and shoot.
Pushing away the partly insane comparisons, he tried to not show Grant how much seeing him with so much hatred on his face was hurting him. It didn't help that he also knew that it was all directed towards himself.
Expecting to feel something different, Nick was surprised when he felt no fear or shame when Grant called his name in that manor. That's how it had always been back then. The alpha's voice was a strong power. However, since he was no longer part of the pack, maybe the rules that applied to him back then were different now.
"What is she doing here?" Grant's voice was, surprisingly, colder than his face. He motioned to where Abigail stood only feet away. Tensing, Nick prepared to speak, but was silenced as his old friend continued.
"How could you bring her here? In front of all these people?" He motioned with his long arms to all the whispering people that surrounded them, completely failing at acting like they weren't listening. Some were dragging their little ones by the arm to their safe houses, but the majority were still staring, open mouthed, at the werewolf showdown.
Taking a deep, cleansing breath, Nick looked his friend dead in the eye, no ounce of fear or shame, only a never ending determination.
" She's here because she had no home when I met her. I love her and that means sharing what ever I have with her. Abigail deserves this more than some people here do. She's a good person, Grant, and if you would just get past the stupid prejudices that were put into your head than you'd be able to see that," Nick stated in a voice spoke of what he'd been through. He wasn't going to beg his old leader to accept him and Abigail. Hell, it would make it easier, but he was no longer the obedient pup that had followed Grant around with no questions asked.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Grant was seething with anger. How could Nick bring her here? All these people; these good people that he'd sworn to protect, were all counting on him. He'd patrolled the borders all day today with Maria and hadn't scented anything out of the ordinary. Yet now here one stood, in the middle of the camp. What kind of alpha was he to let one of the leeches this far into their territory? As Nick spoke, Grant focused on channeling his emotions, forcing his exterior to diminish the anger that had previously reflected off of him and radiated off of his body in waves. By the end of Nick's words, Grant had collected himself enough to negotiate without his body shaking. Get a hold of yourself, he commanded mentally at himself. "She's here because she had no home when I met her. I love her and that means sharing what ever I have with her. Abigail deserves this more than some people here do. She's a good person, Grant, and if you would just get past the stupid prejudices that were put into your head than you'd be able to see that," Nick spoke, each word being almost too easily predicted in Grant's mind. I know him too well, he smirked, as a small side note. For a second he could almost forget all this was happening and remember the old times where they were like brothers; so alike in so many ways. Oh how he wished for those days to return. For all of this mess they've gotten into to simply dissolve in midair. Things were so much simpler back then. The sight of the leech behind his old friend made that vision disappear, and once again Grant was forced to face reality. That's the past. This is happening now, he reminded himself grimly, returning his gaze back to the person who stood in front of him. He wanted somewhere else to talk; somewhere more private. Where no one was staring at the two of them, scrutinizing every word he spoke.

Suddenly that sounded like a good idea. To properly speak to Nick, they'd have to be somewhere where it's just the two of them. There were too many people here. What if it broke out into a fight? There were innocent children there that could be seriously injured or even killed, easily, in a werewolf fight. Yes, he'd have to do this somewhere else. Narrowing his eyes slightly, Grant took a step back. "Nick," he said, much more coherent this time, without the anger in his voice. In fact, the tone his voice carried was as if it were the old times; back when they were friends. "Follow me." Turning, Grant took a few steps toward the crowd. Then, stopping, he turned again and added, "Please." There was that tone again; the way they used to talk to each other. No fear, no hostility, no anger, no saddness. The way it should be. Looking his old friend in the eye one last time, Grant finally turned and pushed his way past the crowd, purposely bumping into Maria on his way. "Stay here. Check the crowd. Make sure everyone's alright. Tell them all to go home. Don't follow us. No matter what you hear." With the short commands spoken very quickly to Maria, Grant continued his way through the crowd to a remote part of the tribe lands; an abandoned ground. With no houses around for a few acres, it wasa the perfect place. If they eventually did fight, no innocents would get hurt. Travelling a few yards into the now-abandonded land, he passed by empty cabins that were only just barely used. The people who'd lived in them previously had either died or moved out somewhere. Stopping finally in one of the empty houses' front yards, Grant turned to face whatever was coming for him.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:10 pm

( Im going to let Case post now )
Back to top Go down
Casey

Casey

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:34 pm

Abigail felt herself being pushed behind Nick, the best protection he could offer her in front of his old pack members. Almost immediately he told her to stay put, something which she was already finding hard to do as he stepped forward to meet the alpha in the pack. Here she was again, being treated like she couldn't take care of herself. Someday, hopefully soon, I'm going to need to prove to Nick how damn strong I can be She thought bitterly, her fists closing tightly for a few seconds. I'm not a helpless child. The thought bubbled through her head, angry and protesting. As touched as she was that Nick cared for her enough to protect her from any harm, he was going to have to lightnen up eventually. She didn't need to be treated like a fragile doll, merely loved.
Then the argument came, again like she wasn't even there, or just a piece of property someone could own. Abby stood up straighter, finding the ability to look proud and strong to any of the tribe members who dared to gaze into her orange eyes, that would hopefully be turning golder the next time she hunted. Suddenly she realized Nick was even farther away, walking with Grant towards wherever he had in mind. Fear jolted through her in an instant, not for herself but for Nick. Surely he knew that this could easily be a trap, a punishment for bringing her here? She didn't know much about tribe life, but they had outcasted Nick for an involuntary thing. Hardly fair in her eyes, so no telling what they would do to her love now.
Abigail took a small step forward, towards where they were going, and then hesitated. Should she follow? The shifty eyes of the crowd made her nervous, now that the person who had brought her here was gone, and she had to bite her tongue to keep herself from spitting a sarcastic taunt at them. With a quick glance she could see the female werewolf too, and knew that she could pose a threat. Abby could practically feel the hatred she felt for her, for splitting up their pack. After a short mental dileberation, Abigail decided to stay for the moment. With her vampire hearing she could pick up almost every word Nick and Grant said, and would be there in a split second if she heard fighting. Shifting her weight uncomfortably from foot to foot, she tried hard to meet every scared or angry pair of eyes with a confident and comforting stare. It was the least she could do.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:26 pm

Nick's heart sank as Grant turned his back to him, walking towards a abandoned part of the Rez. He had wanted to do this in the open, where anyone who looked out of their windows would be able to see everything. This way, Grant was less likely to start a battle that would only end in pain for both friends. But, of course, he had to make it harder than it had to be.
Readying himself for a possible fight against his old friend, Nick turned to Abigail. Expecting to see her nervously standing, maybe flicking wary looks at the people who surrounded her, he almost smiled at the true sight. Of course, his Ab wouldn't do that. Maybe some other lesser vampire, but no Abigail just looked pissed. She obviously didn't like being left behind. With a glance that said "Please stay and I'll be back soon", Nick smiled her way before glancing towards Maria.
" You touch her Maria and I won't be a able to protect you from what she'll do to you," He said non-emotionally to his old friend. He was pretty sure she wouldn't try to attack his love while he went to talk to Grant, but he wasn't taking any chances.
The touch of civilization on the forest steadily lessened as Nick followed his previous leader. Giving the angry werewolf some space, the first picked a appropriate place, and waited for the other.
" I didn't come here to cause trouble Grant. I wouldn't have brought her hear if I thought she wasn't completely safe. She's not like the rest of them. She's open to the idea of living among us. Why can't you just follow her example like a big boy," Nick spoke darkly adding a mocking tone to his last words, as he followed Grant into the abandoned opening. Grant was just being so narrow minded. Going into this, he had tried to keep his manor calm, but he found he no longer had the will to put up with his friend's prejudice's.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Maria watched with narrowed eyes as Nick walked by her. She was so mad at him for what he'd done. She knew full well that he couldn't help who he imprinted on, but... Ugh, she didn't even know why she was mad at him. The fact that he chose her over them. That's why. He ran off with some leech he'd never met before instead of his long time best friends. "You touch her Maria and I won't be a able to protect you from what she'll do to you," he muttered sarcastically as he passed. The tone of his voice made Maria's heart sink. She knew how important that vampire was to Nick; she wouldn't have bothered her at all. But what Nick said now was making her angrier than ever before. Did he really think I'd hurt her? she asked herself with disbelief, her pride hurt. Feeling like crying again, Maria cursed herself as she scanned the crowd, obeying Grant's orders. No one appeared to be hurt; the remaining crowd was simply whispering amongst themselves. Most had dispersed, though there were a few adventurous boys still out, thinking that they could "protect" everyone if the leech decided to do anything. As if. They were just wannabes who hadn't transformed, but liked to think they had. Maria didn't like them at all, just because of that fact. They had no idea the troubles that actually being a werewolf caused. All the heartache. Watching Grant and Nick disappear in the distance, Maria turned her attention back to Nick's vampire. She didn't know anything about her, besides the fact that she wasn't really a human drinker anymore; judging by her eyes. They weren't golden, but they weren't red. Which meant that she hasen't been hunting animals for a long while, which also means that she still poses a threat to the people here. Huffing, Maria wanted to find out more about her. Even though she felt hatred toward the female, she had to look after her until the boys arrived again. "So," she said nonchalantly. "What exactly is your name? I don't know much about you, and seeing as you might be staying here, I thought I'd try to get to know you a bit more." She was trying to sound polite, but she wasn't sure she was succeding any. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

----

Grant clenched his teeth at Nick's haughty remark, but ignored it. He couldn't help it; that was just Nick. But it hurt to think that they used to be almost brothers, and now they were talking like this to each other. "I saw her eyes, Nick," he said quickly after his old friend finished, leaving no pause in between. "They're orange. She's not a vegi. Sure she's hunted animals once, maybe twice, but that doesn't exactly make her non threatening to us." Narrowing his eyes, he added bitterly, "And leave Maria alone. She knows how much you love Ab; she wouldn't do anything to ruin that. She still loves you, you know; no matter how angry she is at you. It's the same with me." Sighing, Grant gave up. "I miss you, man. I seriously do." Shaking his head, he continued. "She's just too much of a danger to have around here. I've sworn to protect these people with my life. We sweep the borders every day, yet somehow you both got past. Do you know how that makes me feel? It feels like I failed. When I came back I saw a vampire standing in the middle of our lands. The same lands that I've sworn to protect, and never let any vampire cross into. Yet one is there now." Shifting his weight, he kept talking. His tone was no more hostile than if he were dealing with a stranger, but his eyes held regret deep within them. "What happened to that cabin in the woods? Why here?"

(Mk that was a tiny and really crappy post xD I'm sorry... Jen needs to come back and RP Grant cause I'm horrible at it xD)
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:31 pm

( Twi that was fine...actually good. I'm pretty sure Jen can take back Grant now since its the break. I'll talk to her tho )
Back to top Go down
Casey

Casey

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:03 pm

Abigail's arms were crossed, guard up, posture straight as the crowd slowly trickled away, mothers and children first, then the men, then a few younger boys that were shooting her frightened glances that she supposed were meant to be glares. For a brief second she opened her mouth to speak to whoever was left, exposing her sharp white teeth, but then she closed her lips quickly. What was there to say? Nobody would listen to her here, her fate would be decided on how well Nick could argue her case for her. No matter how unfair that was, and pissed it made her, it was the situation they were in, so she would live with it.
"So, what exactly is your name? I don't know much about you, and seeing as you might be staying here, I thought I'd try to get to know you a bit more." The voice startled Abby, and she turend to the female werewolf. What had Nick called her again? Maria? Yes, that was it. Abigail scanned Maria, looking for any threats or tricks, before replying.
"Abigail. You're Maria, right?" She struggled to find a friendly voice, or atleast a calm one. Her words were sarcastic and bitter, so she took a deep breath and tried again. "Hopefully I'll be staying here, but of course you don't want that, do you?" Abby took another breath, counted to five, and let it out. "Nevermind. So..." She trailed off, having difficulty with thinking of something to say, when the question burst out of her red lips. "Why did you outcast him? It's hardly fair." Shutting up quickly, she crossed her arms and sighed. Being friendly was going to take practice around these mutts. Maybe things would be easier if she was accepted into their home, not feeling like an unwelcome visitor.
(Finished! I hate the shortness but oh well.)
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:58 pm

Nick kept up his steady pace back and forth across the hard packed ground of the abandoned clearing. Listening intently to what Grant was saying, the werewolf was stunned to hear the change that seemed to suddenly come over his friend. He wouldn't have been surprised at all if Grant had just skipped talking it out and gone straight to the fighting; as a matter of fact he had expected it. And yet, there stood his enemy, the one that was standing in between Nick and the happy life that he knew he could have with Abigail, plainly stating that he had missed having his best friend around. It would have been so much easier to hate him.
Before, when the weight of his exile was still a new and unusual pain on his heart, when the loss of his closest friend's thoughts had made him want to scream to the heavens, Nick's anger at his friends had made him not give a care about what they thought about him. Now, seeing the old Grant that he would have walked into death with, made it a whole heck of a lot worse. With the hate slowly ebbing away, Nick wanted him to accept him, Abigail and all, so much more than before. At first, it had just been his usual stubborn as hell personality that had made him loathe Grant, on top of the obvious insult. But now, his old companion's words had brought hope to him. Hope that maybe, somehow, his group would come together again, even with the added member.
" Listen, Grant. I know that this is as hard on you as it is on me. But, it doesn't have to continue on like this. Abigail is new to the whole vegetarian idea, yes. But the others are helping her. She's strong enough, Grant. If you only saw her like I did you wouldn't be worried in the least. I know for a fact that she wouldn't touch a hair on anyone's head here. It seems impossible, but we're so bonded that something that would hurt me would also, in turn, hurt her. I wouldn't have brought her here if I wasn't absolutely certain of this." Nick spoke, stopping at a nearby tree. Putting his hand on its strong branch, he continued with his small hope.
" I just wanted her to have what everyone else seems to take for granted. She has no home, Grant, and if I can give her that I will. You'd do the same for Maria if it was her I'm sure," Nick stated with a slightly somber version of his cocky grin. He was happy that his friend had found such a perfect partner for him.
" You know me as well as I do you. I won't leave even if you still wanted to rip out my throat. I don't need to have your thoughts in my head to know that you do. But, god, Grant it would mean a lot to me if we could just get back to somewhat the same as we were before. I know that things have changed too much for it all to be the same, but I'm not asking for that.
Back to top Go down
Casey

Casey

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:56 pm

(Uhh.... Who's posting next?)
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:06 pm

( Twi probably should )
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 2:04 pm

(I was waiting on Jen to post with Grant, but I will if you want me to)
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:56 pm

( lol if forgot lol yeah jen )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coming Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming Home   Coming Home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming Home
Page 1 of 1